Run For The Arts
Our students are asking their friends and family (some will ask neighbors, too) to sponsor them as they participate in a "fun run" that directly benefits their experiences in the arts at Beverly Cleary School.
The Run for the Arts is scheduled for April 25th, with a make-up day (if weather conditions prove to be uncooperative) on April 26th. Please join us at the Grant track and help cheer on our runners! Volunteers are needed to count laps, pass out water and popsicles, or pick up trash. You can come for the whole morning, or 10 minutes before your child's class is scheduled to run.
- K, 1st 9:00 - 9:30 AM
- 6th, 7th, 8th 9:45 - 10:15 AM
- 4th, 5th 10:30 - 11:00 AM
- 2nd, 3rd 11:15 - 11:45 AM
Thanks to the participants and their sponsors, Beverly Cleary School has been able to provide different kinds of arts experiences for our students to reinforce the integration of the arts into their classroom curriculum. Additionally, we have been able to provide extra curricular opportunities in the arts for our students.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade Choir with Ralph Nelson
- 4th and 5th Band with Ethos
- “The Elves and the Shoemaker” (6th, 7th and 8th grade artist-in-residence with Carolyn Delany Reif)
- "Portland: A Musical" (3rd grade artist-in-residence with Ralph Nelson)
- Artist-in-residence Barb Welty (3rd Graders)
- Artist-in-residence Karn Pixton (4th Graders)
- Artist-in-residence Mark Brody (8th Graders)
- Tears of Joy Puppets (Kindergarten)
- Theatrical Productions (1st Graders)
As you can see, thanks to the support of friends and family, our students and this community have been able to receive opportunities during the year they probably would have to fulfill outside of school if it weren't for our annual Run For The Arts event. All of us can see how the arts enrich our lives. It is for this reason, we are hopeful our students will continue to enjoy the benefit of your sponsorship.